Accounting and Business Law (ABL) Area Scholarship
This application form should be used for applying for all ABL Area scholarships. Please check off which scholarships you are applying for and be sure to provide all the appropriate documentation. Please contact Professor Brian Stanko at 312.915.7106 or email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Two half-tuition scholarships are offered to incoming freshmen entering the School of Education. Applicants must have a composite score of 26 or higher on the ACT or a 1180 or higher on the SAT. Qualified candidates who have already been admitted to Loyola may apply. Selected finalists are required to give a personal on-campus interview. Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher for renewal.
Deadline: March 1, 2014
James Wesley White, Jr. Scholarship
The Directors of the James Wesley White, Jr. Scholarship Fund are pleased to announce they are accepting applications for its annual scholarship in honor of James “Jay” Wesley White, Jr. Current sophomores and juniors majoring in theatre are eligible to apply for the $1500 scholarship. Applications are due by April 15, 2015. You may contact the scholarship committee for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John T. Trahey Mustard Seed Scholarship for theatre arts
These scholarships are available to freshmen and transfer students accepted to Loyola who will pursue a major in theatre. For more information and an application, click here. Scholarship amounts vary.
Martin J. Svaglic Humanities Scholarship
Two $2,500 per year scholarships will be awarded to qualified new freshmen or transfer students who have been admitted into one of the following areas in the humanities: classical studies, communication, English, fine arts, history, modern languages, philosophy, theology or theatre. Prospective candidates must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale. New freshmen must: have a minimum 26 on the ACT or an 1170 on the SAT; and be admitted to Loyola prior to February 1. All qualified, admitted students should complete and return an application by March 1. The recipients will be notified by April 1.
This is an endowed merit scholarship awarded to an incoming freshman to the School of Education. It is a four-year scholarship totaling $40,000 distributed at $10,000 per academic year.
West Suburban Cook County Nursing Scholarships
The Loyola University Chicago Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing (MNSON) invites students who currently live in West Suburban Cook County and have lived there for the past three years to apply for two new nursing scholarships. The Westlake Nursing Scholarship and The Honorable Thomas A. Hett Scholarship will provide up to $10,000 tuition funding per year for MNSON students in order to enhance health and health care in the communities of West Suburban Cook County. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate nursing program at Loyola University Chicago’s Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing and provide proof of residency for the past three years in West Suburban Cook County.
Download the application here.
Scholarships By Major
A good website to look for scholarships that are major specific is http://www.scholarships.com/financial-aid/college-scholarships/scholarships-by-major/
A wide range of nursing scholarships can be found at the following Websites:
BrainTrack Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship is designed to help others considering nursing related careers by taking advantage of the experiences of entrants.
- Selection Criteria: Winners will be selected based on the creativity, focus, overall thoughtfulness, accuracy, and practical value of responses to essay questions. The questions ask students about their experiences as a nursing student and their suggestions for prospective students. BrainTrack will publish the most helpful responses for use by future students.
- Awards: The best entry for each competition is awarded $1000; the runner-up $500.
- Deadlines: Scholarship competitions run twice a year, for each semester. Submission deadline are March 1st and November 1st.
- Costs: None.
- Privacy: All entrant names and contact information will be kept private for use only in the scholarship, except for the winners whose names will be published.
- Requirements: Entrants must be currently taking classes in an appropriate nursing degree program with at least one semester of studies completed. Studies can be full-time, part-time, on-campus, or online and must be at an accredited US college.