Welcome, Class of 2019!
The First and Second Year Advising team would like to Welcome the Class of 2018! Please visit Year 1 Connections: Iggy's Index to Almost Everything.
All undergraduate students at Loyola are assigned one academic advisor. Depending upon your school or college, you may have a faculty advisor for each declared major or minor.
The First and Second Year Advising team is guided by Loyola's Mission, our Academic Standards and Regulations, the Student Handbook, and our Advising Handbook. Our practices are also guided by professional organizations, such as NACADA, NASPA and the CAS Advising Standards.
First and Second Year Advising caters to freshman and sophomore students enrolled in Loyola's undergraduate schools: Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Communication, Education, Nursing and Social Work. All other students should contact their Dean's Office for advising.
Professionally trained advisors in First and Second Year Advising meet with first and second year Loyola students to:
- Assist in your academic transition to college, specifically by instructing your UNIV 101 course
- Help you plan your course of study at Loyola, including picking a major, making a 4-year plan, and deciding what courses to take in the upcoming semesters
- Explain university policies and procedures and other important academic information
- Connect you with other university offices
- Explain and provide you with information about the best academic success strategies
- Refer you to the Tutoring Center, the Writing Center and/or Services for Students with Disabilities
To find out who your advisor is, simply log into LOCUS and click on "Student Center."
To schedule an appointment with your advisor:
- Come by the First and Second Year Advising office in Sullivan Center, Suite 260
- Call 773.508.7714