Loyola Men's Volleyball Italy trip
Loyola Men’s Volleyball Italy trip
Help send the Ramblers to Italy!
- Men’s Volleyball is planning an experiential-learning trip to Italy
- The trip is planned for spring 2016
- The team needs your help to make the trip a reality
- The fundraising goal is $15,000
- You can make a gift here.
In May and June of 2016, the back to back NCAA National Champion Loyola University Chicago men’s volleyball team will be taking a week-long experiential learning trip to Italy. The goal of this trip is to provide growth opportunities and learning experiences available to most university students, but not to men’s volleyball student-athletes due to their commitment to training and competing at a championship caliber level throughout the year. This trip will focus on these two pillars:
1. Experiential Learning through Cultural Immersion – Visiting Italy will allow men’s volleyball players to immerse themselves in the rich cultural heritage that Italy has to offer. The trip will include visits to Rome, Florence, Milan and Lake Como, and historical sites, such as the Vatican, the Coliseum and Il Duomo. This trip will enable our student athletes to broaden their frame of reference and global perspective.
2. Experiential Learning through Competition – In Rome, Florence and Milan the team will compete in friendly matches against professional and international level competition promoting cultural exchange through the avenue of sport and a broadened perspective of the life of a volleyball player internationally.
All proceeds from this campaign will go directly towards funding the Loyola Ramblers men’s volleyball team’s trip to Italy, and allow us to continue representing the excellence that Loyola University Chicago has to offer. Thank you for your support!
“Worship, Work, Win” - Sr. Jean Dolores Schmidt.
Fundraising goal: $15,000