Tuition Changes for Academic Year 2012-2013
I wanted to give you as much advance notice as possible regarding tuition for the 2013–2014 academic year. In order to maintain the quality of our academic facilities and programs, the University's Board of Trustees has approved an increase of 2.5 percent, effective fall 2013, in graduate tuition for the 2013–2014 academic year.
The Board of Trustees and University administration carefully scrutinize our financial resources each year to be sure that any increase is necessary and prudent. We work to keep these increases to a minimum, while providing you with the superior level of education you expect and deserve for your investment in Loyola. This year, we hired a number of new faculty who serve our students as excellent teachers, scholars, and researchers, and they are committed to providing a transformative education to our students.
I continue to believe that our commitment to a superior educational experience is what you expect—and deserve—for your investment in Loyola University Chicago, and important changes continue to unfold across our campuses and classrooms:
- We have an increasing number of graduate programs ranked in the annual U.S. News & World Report issue of Best Graduate Schools.
- Loyola’s Graduate School received an honorable mention award from the Council of Graduate Schools and Educational Testing Services for Innovation in Promoting Success in Graduate Education.
- The Graduate School has significantly raised the level of support for all students receiving merit-based funding. Additionally, we continue to provide support for student scholarly activities, including travel to professional conferences, academic publications, and thesis/dissertation research.
- The Graduate School has also been working to better fund master’s students through our Community Stewards Fellowship and Research Experience Program.
- The Graduate School continues to offer workshops and seminars on professional development to assist students with career planning, grant writing and grant getting, student mentoring, the use of technology in the classroom, and publishing.
- Our Graduate Student Advisory Committee continues to work collaboratively with us to promote a sense of community among graduate students.
For detailed information about tuition, fees, and room and board costs for the 2013–2014 academic year, please visit LUC.edu/bursar. Thank you for being a valued part of the Loyola community. Know that we remain committed to providing the very best education to prepare you to make a difference in this world.
Samuel A. Attoh, Ph.D.
Dean of the Graduate School