Sorority & Fraternity Life Awards Banquet
The GSAP winners will be recognized during the Annual Loyola Weekend of Excellence. The Sorority & Fraternity Life Awards Banquet is by invitation only to honor the Greek community's achievements and recognize the contributions of students, advisors, and staff.
Weekend of Excellence: April 19-21, 2013
Sorority & Fraternity Life Awards Banquet: Friday, April 19 at 7:00pm
2012 GSAP Award Winners
||Multicultural Greek Council||Interfraternity Council|
|Academic Achievement||Alpha Chi Omega||Lambda Theta Alpha||Sigma Alpha Epsilon|
|Risk Prevention & Accountability||Alpha Delta Pi||Sigma Alpha Epsilon|
|Philanthropy & Community Service||Phi Sigma Sigma||Lambda Theta Alpha||Sigma Alpha Epsilon|
|Leadership & Member Development||Alpha Chi Omega||Delta Phi Lambda||Sigma Alpha Epsilon|
|Chapter Management||Kappa Kappa Gamma||Lambda Theta Alpha||Sigma Chi|
Greek Standards and Awards Program
The Greek Standards and Awards Program (GSAP) is designed to assist chapters in achieving the highest level of excellence possible in programming and chapter management. The applications for each of the five (5) categories outline actions and policies of an ideal chapter. The process for preparing an award application in and of itself will assist the chapter in evaluating its programs and management. Submission of an application gives the chapter an opportunity to have its programs evaluated by Loyola faculty/staff that will provide written and verbal feedback.
To view the complete document, click on Greek Standards & Awards Program.
All Chapters are required to complete an application consisting at least three (3) of the five (5) categories every year, which include: Academic Achievement, Risk Prevention & Accountability, Community Service & Philanthropy, Leadership & Membership Development, Chapter Management. One category must be Academic Achievement and the additional two are up to the chapter's discretion.
- Award Period: January 1, 2012-December 3, 2012
- Application Due Date: December 7, 2012 at 5:00pm to SAGA office (Damen Student Center, Suite 127)
- Committee members serve as awards judges who thoroughly review every application, provide objective measure and written feedback, and consult with chapters about awards applications during the academic year.
- Committee members assist the Coordinator for Sorority & Fraternity Life with the annual review and weighting of awards criteria.
- Committee members serve as an advisory voice to Sorority & Fraternity Life for the Greek Standards and Awards Program and have the opportunity to serve as Awards Consultants.