Thank you for your interest in working at the ITS Helpdesk. The ITS Help Desk provides the Loyola community with a single point of contact for technology support. We are committed to providing both professional and timely service in logging support requests. Additionally, we strive to resolve requests initially or refer them to correct support areas within the Information Technology Services division. Lastly, we continuously improve our services by educating our staff, measuring performance and monitoring customer satisfaction.
Student employees provide support to our client's while working at the ITS HelpDesk and ResNet. ResNet is our student "drop in" clinic area providing "best effort" technical support for students with their own personal technology devices.
Position: ITS HelpDesk Technician
The position provides end-user support on a variety of issues and entails entails identifying, researching and resolving and technical problems for client's. To foster timely problem resolution, student employees utilize a Call Tracking system to document, track and monitor client requests. Additionally, the position involves answering and routing calls to various locations within the University. Lastly, this position may receive other duties as assigned by the ITS Helpdesk/ResNet Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be motivated with good written and verbal communication skills, be a strong team player and enjoy working with clients.
Experience: Comfortable working with computers (Apple, PC, and Linux) and a wide-array of devices; and an interest in learning about new technologies (i.e. hardware, software, Web 2.0 applications)
Language / Interpersonal Ability: Desire to work with individuals (students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members) in a diverse and fast-paced setting. Excellent communication skills – specifically via the telephone and in writing. English required in order to effectively provide technical support via telephone.
Reasoning Ability: Applicant must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify possible solutions.
- Applicants should be resourceful in solving problems, specifically regarding a willingness to work with a wide-range of software in both a PC and Apple environment along with Linux support utilities
- Applications should have knowledge of multiple mobile operating systems
- Applicants need to know how to remove Root kit infections
- Applicants should know how to use a Linux/UNIX terminal (if necessary - training provided)
- Applicants need to know how to search and clear error codes upon start-up
- Applicants need to know how to correct "Page Not Found" error messages
- Applicants need to know how to perform data recovery when Windows OS will no longer load
Applying for an ITS Help Desk Technician Position: