IPad or IPhone 4
Configuring a groupwise email account on ipad or iphone
- From your home screen, tap on settings
- Tap on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” and under account tap “Add Account”
- Choose “Other” as the account type.
- Enter a name for the account, your LUC email address and password. The Description field should automatically populate with “Luc” Tap “Next” in the upper right-hand corner.
- On the next screen, enter “imaps.luc.edu” along with your User Name (without @luc.edu) and Password for the Host Name under Incoming Mail Server.
- Enter “mail.luc.edu” for Host Name under Outgoing Mail Server. Leave User Name and password blank
here. Click “Next”
- After you click next, it will say “Verifying” and eventually produce a message that asks if you do not
- It will now ask you if you want to save the account, and warn you that it may not be able to send or receive emails. Click “Save”
- After saving, we must edit some advanced settings to get the account working. From the home screen, select “Settings” and then “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” again. You should now see “Luc” listed under Accounts. Tap on it.
- Now Tap on the Outgoing Mail Server “mail.luc.edu.”
- Ensure that “Use SSL” is checked to OFF and the Server Port is set to 25.
- After tapping “Done” tap “Advanced” Ensure here that “Use SSL” is checked to ON, Authentication is set to “Password” and the server port is 993. Tap account and then tap “Save.” It will now “Verify” once more. You’re Groupwise account should now be properly configured. You can open the Mail app to view your inbox and respond to messages.
Please note: You’re iPad or iPhone will be able to receive messages from anywhere, but will only be able to send mail while connected to Loyola’s network.