KEY ACADEMIC POLICIES INFORMATION
For information about many important issues, go to http://www.luc.edu/gradschool/academics_policies.shtml
Even more specific information, especially about Incompletes, etc., download the Academic Policies form at the top: current version (8/23/2013)
Please ask the History Graduate Assistant or Director for a shared Advising Spreadsheet. These are presently managed through LUC.BOX.COM. You need to constantly update this form with reference to your LOCUS course records so that you can be sure that all degree requirements are being completed. Place each completed course in the sheet according to the requirement it fulfills. This will be shared with the GPD and your Advisor so that we can all make sure you are meeting requirements correctly.
HISTORY GRADUATE PROGRAM HANDBOOK
You will find much information about the program in Graduate Program Handbook.
ATTENTION: Most of the Graduate Forms are to be filled out in the Graduate School Database (GSPS)--https://gsps.luc.edu. These include:
Change in Degree Seeking Status
- Comprehensive Exam
Leave of absence
Transfer of credits
Merit Awards and Fellowships
A few forms are still to be downloaded, filled out, signed electronically, and submitted to the Graduate Program Assistant via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We have tried to make this possible in most cases, as .docs or .xlsx files.
- Others are in pdf format. They can be signed using the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat, if you have it.
- If not--or if your committee members aren't able to do this--then print and sign them on paper and give them to Mr. Elmassian to scan for you.
- Graduate Course Registration Plan (This is what you fill out, in reference to your Advisory form on LUC.BOX.COM, and submit before registering each semester.)
- Request for Course Title (This is what you use to arrange Directed Readings Courses, M.A. Essay Courses, etc.)
- Research Tool Form (To validate your research tool(s), you must fill out this form and email it to
Field Examinations Instructions
- Field Examination Instructions (See these full instructions about the examination process.)
- Examination Committee Form (This is what you must fill out, and have all committee members sign, to set up your examination Committees.)
Thesis and Dissertation Forms*
*(As of 8/23/2013.) SOME OF THESE MAY ALSO HAVE SUBSEQUENTLY BEEN MOVED TO GSPS.LUC.EDU. TO BE SURE, CHECK THE GRAD SCHOOL FORMS LINK: http://www.luc.edu/gradschool/servicesandresources_forms.shtml