History Blogging Contest
The History Blogging and Vlogging Contest, sponsored by the Department of History, gives undergraduate students the opportunity to gain recognition for excellence. Students whose entries are judged to merit awards by the History Department faculty will be eligible for prizes: 1st prize, $150; 2nd prize, $100.
- Any current undergraduate student at Loyola University of Chicago is eligible to enter the contest.
- The blog or vlog should deal with a historical theme or topic; internship in an archive, museum, or history-oriented institution; or a subject of current or general interest. Any blog or vlog created for an undergraduate history course at Loyola in 2014 or 2015 is eligible.
- Students should submit the URL for their blog or vlog via email@example.com. The following information should be included in the e-mail submission: title, author's name and permanent address, course for which the blog or vlog was created, and semester in which the blog or vlog was created.
- Students who participated in a group vlog for a history class are also eligible to enter the contest. They should submit the URLS for five (5) of their best blogs for consideration.
- Blogs and vlogs will be judged on the basis of content and style. To qualify for an award, the entry must be accurate in grammar and/or spelling and must be clear in its organization and presentation.
- Entries must be submitted no later than March 27, 2015, to the History Department at the Lake Shore Campus (Crown Center 503). Winning blogs and vlogs will be announced during the last week of classes.
Committee of Judges
The judges of this year’s competition will be Professors David Dennis, Leslie Dossey, and John Pincince.
For further information, please contact any member of the faculty of the Department of History or the secretary of the department at LSC.