Incoming, First Year Honors Students
Get all the information you need for registration for Fall 2013!
1. If you have not done so already, register for the on-campus Orientation session scheduled for August 21st and 22nd. Please note that you will register for your courses from home in early June, prior to orientation.
2. Take your Math and/or Foreign Language Placement tests before registering for fall courses. The tests can be accessed on the Orientation Preparation website.
- The Math Placement Test is required to register for most math, science, and business courses. Have a quiet space and calculator ready!
3. Complete the Advising Assessment Form by May 17th . Once you complete the form, an advisor will contact you via email within two weeks with a list of recommended courses for the fall. If you missed the deadline, please complete the assessment as soon as possible.
4. Watch the recorded version of the Honors Registration Webinar if you did not participate in the live Webinar on May 30th. Due to technical issues, you will need to progress through the slides manually as you listen to the recording.
5. Watch the videos below for information about the Honors program and other helpful information.
6. Visit the Technology RoadMap website to learn how to navigate LOCUS, email, etc. at Loyola.
7. Register for your classes from home. Registration will open on Monday, June 3rd and will close on June 14th. Registration will re-open July 1st - July 11th for those students who need to make changes to their schedule due to AP or IB credits.
Helpful Videos and Links
- The Transitioning to College video highlights some important information about your transition to Loyola; including credit hours, advisors, and your first semester schedule
- Select this video to learn about the Honors program and curriculum
- If you are expecting AP/IB/CLEP or college transfer credits, watch this video to learn about Loyola's policies.
- Watch this video to learn about UNIV 101 - the 1 credit hour, required class for all first year students.
Schedule Builder: Use this to help you keep track of when your classes will meet.
Registration Self Audit: Please complete this checklist once you have finished registering for your fall courses.
We look forward to working with you!
Aminatu Rubango and Sarah Syversen