Dependent Children, Spouses and Legally Domiciled Adults
Eligible dependents may utilize the benefits for all semesters noted on our main Tuition benefit page.
Dependent children are eligible for the benefit until the age of 24 only. If your dependent child reaches the age of 24 prior to the start of the semester they are no longer eligible to receive the tuition benefit. However if they reach 24 mid-semester they can continue to receive the benefit until the end of the semester only. The Tuition Benefit for all eligible dependents will not be added until they have registered for courses and completed the FAFSA.
- Apply for admission http://www.luc.edu/admission.shtml. If you need assistance with the admissions process for your dependent please reach out to the admissions office directly. 773.508.3075 or 800.262.2373. The will provide you wit the steps needed to apply to the university and what to do after your have received your acceptance letter.
- Gain acceptance to Loyola University and the program selected.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at * www.fafsa.gov. (*interned explorer only), using Loyola University Chicago School Code 001710. The FAFSA must be renewed by March of each calendar year for the next academic year for degree and non-degree seeking students. If the FAFSA form in unfamiliar to you please visit the website above or contact the Financial Aid office for more information 773.508.7704. If your spouse does not have a SSN please contact the benefit department directly as well as Edward Moore firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the registration process.
- Verify dependent information in Lawson Employee Self Service. for LUMCP Faculty/Physicians log in here. Please make sure that the dependents SSN is properly listed in Lawson.
- Pay any fees or tuition not covered by the Tuition Benefit policy. You can check tuition balance and associated fees using the LOCUS Student portal https://locus.luc.edu/psp/pa91prd/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG&. Employees and or their dependents are responsible for a Dependent Tuition Benefit their-Pay which applies to each semester/session a dependent is enrolled and is based on part-time or full-time status. The co-pays for FY 2016 July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016 is $920 full-time and $460 part-time. The co-pay is due every semester for which the dependent is enrolled. If Fees, deposits and co-pays should be paid through the Bursars office. If you have questions about how to pay the the various fees, co-pays or non tuition related charges please contact the Bursars office directly 773.508.7705.
- Undergraduate Students: Tuition Benefit pays 100% of tuition only. Employees and their dependents are financially responsible for co-pays, program deposits, room and board and course fees not covered by the Tuition Benefit Policy. Undergraduate Tuition Benefit is non-taxable. *However, please note that any LDA Tuition Benefit received is taxable and imputed as income for the employee. Human Resources will add the value of the benefit to the employee's bi-weekly or monthly pay and the employee will be taxed on that amount. Dependent children are only eligible for the tuition benefit up to the age of 24. The Tuition Benefit covers J-term, Spring, Summer, Fall semesters and the Summer Scholars program.
- Graduate Students: Dependents, Spouses/LDA’s are not eligible for the Tuition Benefit for Graduate Programs.
If your dependent makes any changes to their courses after the Tuition Benefit has been applied please reach out to Edward Moore email@example.com so an adjustment to your benefit can be made.
Summer Scholars Program
Since the Summers Scholars program isn't a traditional undergrad program no FAFSA form is required. Employees simply need to enroll their dependents in the Summer Scholars program http://www.luc.edu/summerscholars/. Sessions after July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016 are $460.00. All fees are paid through the Bursars office. No verification from Human Resources or additional forms are required for participation. We encourage all parents to contact Omega Styles the Summers Scholars Program coordinator directly if you have questions about the program at 773.508.8349.
FACHEX Faculty and Staff Children Exchange Program
If you are interested in the Faculty and Staff Children Exchange Program (FACHEX) program please visit their website at http://www.luc.edu/finaid/fachex.shtml. The FACHEX program allows legal dependent children of our employees to utilize the Tuition Benefit to attend other Jesuit universities. The FACHEX program has its own application procedures separate from Loyola University Chicago. The application process including deadlines and qualifications can vary from one university to the next for more information please visit the FACHEX website or contact the FACHEX Coordinator Edward Moore for more information 773.508.8928 firstname.lastname@example.org. It's recommended that employees and their dependents apply for the FACHEX program of their choice by their Junior year of high school. Dependents of eligible retirees can participate in the FACHEX program. For Retiree eligibility please see our policy. FACHEX participants are also subject to the guidelines of the FACHEX program in addition to the guidelines set forth by Loyola University Chicago Tuition Benefit policy.
FERPA The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
Federal records privacy law entitled, "The Family Educational rights and Privacy Act of 1974" (FERPA) prevents any Loyola University office from releasing information to employees regarding your spouse/LDA, or dependent child(ren) education or billing records. For more information regarding Loyola FERPA policy please contact the Office of Registration and Records.