Employee Exit Process
- No recruitment can begin until the requisition has been approved and posted on Loyola's employment applicant system, even if the position is to be filled from within the department.
- When the department knows that an employee will be leaving (due to resignation, termination, or movement to another position with in the department or University), the department does not have to wait to begin the requisition process until the employee has left. The requisition process may begin at once on Loyola's employment applicant system in order to fill the open position.
Things to do as the employee is leaving:
- all Loyola property is returned
- computer files are in order and accessible
- any expense accounts items are cleared
- on going or impending projects have been re-assigned
- the employee has an Exit Interview with an HR Representative.
Things to do when the employee has left:
- Re-route the phone to someone who will be able to handle the calls
- If the person's e-mail address has been used for incoming business, work with HR and IT to allow future access or an auto-message referring the person to a new address.
- This might be a good time to develop an e-mail box that is under the process or project's name rather than under an employee's name. An example is the tuition benefits forms being sent to HR-Tuition@luc.edu.