Level 4 Multi-Purpose Room Policy
Reserving the 4th Floor
- Requests to use Level 4 of the Klarchek Information Commons (IC) for meetings and events should be directed to Svetlana Surkevicius, Administrative Assistant for University Libraries, via e-mail at email@example.com or via telephone at 773.508.2641.
- Once a reservation has been confirmed, the sponsoring organization or department is responsible for making the arrangements for their event.
- All 4th floor reservations are subject to change at any given time at the discretion of University Libraries. If this occurs, University Libraries will attempt to relocate your event and contact you as soon as possible.
- The 4th floor may only be reserved by current Loyola faculty and staff for academic events.
- Events being held in the Information Commons are limited to the hours the building is open. Please see the Information Commons website for current hours: http://luc.edu/ic/hours.shtml.
- At events at which the general public is invited we ask organizers to arrange to have a greeter available to direct the attendees to the 4th floor.
- Cancelations of 4th floor events must be made at least two weeks prior to the event. Cancelations should be submitted by e-mail to Svetlana Surkevicius, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities Not Permitted
- Outside catering is not permitted, and food and beverages for events must be provided by ARAMARK Loyola Dining and Catering Services, 773-508-6035, email@example.com.
- Any event serving alcohol must follow Loyola University policies. http://www.luc.edu/media/lucedu/policy/pdf/alcoholandotherdrugspolicy.pdf Beverages are to be provided by ARAMARK Loyola Catering only.
- The 4th floor patio cannot be reserved for events.
- No candles or open flames are allowed.
- Decorations cannot be affixed to the woodwork, doors, ceiling, walls or windows.
- Any damages to the room or its contents are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. A fee may be charged to groups for damage to the 4th floor or violation of 4th floor policies.
- Please do not leave any items unattended while using the 4th floor. The IC does not take responsibility for items left unattended during an event.
- According to the Chicago Building Code, no more than 148 people are permitted on the 4th floor.
Room Arrangement and Furniture
- Housekeeping must be contacted at least 5 business days in advance of the event to ensure that the furniture is arranged to meet the needs of the event. Please contact Andrew Wieckiewicz (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for room arrangement and furniture requests.
- A computer and projection system are available on the 4th floor. If you need assistance with the computer or projection system, please notify the ITS Helpdesk at 8-4ITS (773-508-4487) or email@example.com, at least three business days before your event.
- If you plan on using any other media during your event, you must notify the ITS Helpdesk. Notification should be made at least three business days in advance by calling 8-4ITS (773-508-4487) or e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This includes: use of or moving the podium, showing a DVD, using the microphone, sound system etc.
- Technology support may be limited on evenings and weekends. Please speak directly with the ITS Helpdesk about any media requirements for your event.
- No internet or wireless network access is available for non-Loyola attendees (unless prior arrangements have been made with Conference Services).
- All food and catering requests must be placed through ARAMARK Loyola Dining and Catering Services, 773-508-6035, email@example.com.
Frequently Used Contacts
|Policy Revision History|
|Approved: IC Steering Committee, November 2008
|Updated: IC Steering Committee, September 2009
|Updated: IC Steering Committee, July 2011
|Updated: IC Steering Committee, October 2013