Access/Student ID Policy
The University Libraries and Information Technology Services are committed to providing students a safe and secure environment in which to conduct their academic studies. To achieve this goal and in accordance with Loyola University policy, all Loyola students, faculty and staff are required to present their Loyola IDs* when entering the University Libraries, or be referred to the Office of Student Conduct (this may result in fines or disciplinary service hours). The student handbook is available here , or see pages 32–33 in the handbook.
- Students will receive 3 warnings before their names are forwarded to the Office of Student Conduct for further action.
- Each day without an ID will count as a single incident.
- Each additional incident (after the third) will be forwarded to the Office of Student Conduct.
- No additional notice will be given; however patrons may request a list of warning dates from the IC Supervisor.
- Official Loyola IDs that are not functioning will not result in a warning.
*The CTA-issued UPASS will not count as a Loyola ID and will be recorded as an incident.
|Policy Revision History|
|Approved: IC Steering Committee, September 2009|
|Updated: IC Steering Committee, July 2011|