Inside Government Events
Over the course of the year, Inside Government will host several events in addition to our weekly meetings.
- Alumni Meet and Greet- This event takes place during the fall semester. Members, both students and alumni, follow a clock-like pattern around the room in a mini "speed-dating" like event to meet different alumni, practice networking, and find possible mentoring pairs.
- Etiquette Dinner- This event takes place in the Spring semester. Students and alumni gather together to have a chance to network, meet others, and learn valuable skills in proper dinner etiquette and table talk.
- Chicago Shadow Day-This event takes place in the fall semester. Members are paired up with a public official in the city of Chicago and shadow him/her for a day. This event is for members only.
- Mentoring Program- In addition to Inside Government Events, members also have the opportunity to be paired with a mentor that will help guide them through their collegate career and future goals. Matches will be made during the Spring semester every year, beginning with a kick off dinner. For more information please click here, or go to the mentoring tab.
- Springfield Lobby/Shadow Day-This event takes place in the spring semester and offers members the opportunity to follow an official in our state capitol of Springfield for a day. Students may also be assigned to lobby teams comprised of various university officials. This event is for members only.
If you are interested in attending any of these events, please email InsideGovernment@luc.edu.