INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Follow these important steps to complete your application for undergraduate admission:
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Submit official secondary/high school transcripts. If you are enrolled in an international school, you may be required to submit a transcript evaluation. Freshman applicants can request a General Evaluation from Educational Perspectives.
- Confirm that your letter of recommendation has been received by Loyola.
- Submit your personal statement or essay. (Get tips from the College Board on how to write an outstanding college essay!)
- If applicable, submit official information about transfer credit or AP/IB credit to Loyola electronically. *
- If your native language is not English and/or if your primary language of instruction has not been English, you will be required to submit the TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, or ACT scores. You must score a minimum of 79 on the TOEFL exam or a 6.5 on the IELTS. (For tests taken prior to 2006, the minimum score required is 550 on the written test or 213 on the computer-based test.)
- If you will require a visa to study in the United States, complete the Declaration and Certification of Finances form and submit it with proof of financial resources showing your ability to cover expenses for your first year at Loyola.
- Upon admission, you must submit an enrollment deposit by May 1 to reserve a place in the class. †
* First-time freshmen may transfer a maximum of five courses carrying up to four credit hours each toward their undergraduate degree requirements. Students awarded such transfer credit are limited to a maximum of 24 credit hours for the combined total of AP credit, IB credit, and transfer credit.
† Enrollment deposits are refundable until May 1.