Certificate in Social Justice
This graduate certificate program prepares people for faith-based leadership in social advocacy, community and labor organizing, and systemic social change. The program combines theoretical and practical learning in social justice and activism. This program is open to students who have completed undergraduate degrees.
Five courses comprise this certificate program:
- IPS 610: Foundations of Social Justice
- IPS 532: Social Context of Ministry
- IPS 635: Community Organizing
- IPS 620: Diversity and Equity
- IPS 640: Social Justice Internship/Practicum (IPS 580 satisfies this requirement)
Students wishing to work toward certificate should seek admission to the Master of Arts in Social Justice Program at IPS and specify their interest in obtaining a certificate. Admission requirements for the Certificates are the same as those for the MASJ.