Study in Rome
IPS 2017 Summer Program in Rome
This academic year trip is scheduled for June 14-24, 2017
Two courses will be offered and may be taken for graduate credit or audit. Participants choose only one:
Church and Mission taught by Dr. Michael Canaris
Christian Doctrine in Art and Architecture by Dr. Peter Jones
- The base cost of IPS Study Abroad is $1995
- Alumni receive (5%) Discount from base cost
- Tuition (whether for credit or audit) is in addition to the base cost. Tuition is paid separately through the Loyola e-bill system after students register for the course through LOCUS.
- Scholarships apply to tuition. Additional scholarship funds are available here: IPS INTERNATIONAL STUDY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Departure Point travel is available to arrange airfare for that program. Contact them at 800.764.6836, or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Classes are held at Loyola's John Felice Rome Center. In addition to classes, students will tour some of Rome's most famous landmarks and attractions, including the Colosseum, St. Peter's Square, and much more.
The base cost includes:
- A double-occupancy room at Rome’s modern 4½ star Hotel Zone. (Please add $500 for single occupancy.)
- All breakfasts, some lunches and dinners, tickets to attractions and museums, and required Italian documents.
The base cost does not cover airfare, transportation to and from the airport, extra-curricular traveling and activities, some lunches and dinners, and other personal expenses.
Scholarships are available for the Rome program.
If you are:
- A Loyola student and wish to take the course for credit or audit, please register for the course through LOCUS. Tuition for the course is separate from the base cost of the program and is paid through the Loyola e-bill system.
- A student from another university and wish to take the course for credit or audit and have it transferred back to your school, you must first apply to IPS as a graduate non-degree seeking student and then register for the course through LOCUS.
- A Loyola alum and wish to take the course for credit or audit, you must first apply to IPS as a graduate non-degree seeking student for the summer semester. The online application can be accessed at https://gpem.luc.edu/apply/.
To learn more, please contact Koonal Patel at 312.915.7450 or email@example.com