Creating a Faculty profile
In Blackboard, instructors can create a personal profile that includes contact information and office hours. A profile folder can be created in a course if there are multiple instructors or TAs.
To add a profile:
- From the Control Panel, click Course Tools. Select Contacts.
- Select whether you would like to add a folder or a single profile. To create a single profile, click the Create Contact button.
- Fill in the information; you must fill in an Email address and any one of the following: Title, First Name, or Last Name.
- In the Options box, select Yes to "Make the Profile Available" so that your students can see your profile.
- You can also add a picture and a link to your website if you would like. Click Browse and select an image from your computer. Images should be approximately 150 x 150 pixels. If you have a personal website you would like students to be able to access, you can add the web address here as well.
- Click Submit.
- Once your profile is created, you can access it through the Control Panel > Course Tools > Contacts. From the Contacts page, you can delete or modify your profile by using the chevron to the right of the profile name.
To view your profile, students can click on Tools from the Course Menu, then Contacts. You can also create a Tool Link for your profile in your Course Menu.
To add a link to your contact information directly to your Course Menu:
- Click the Add Menu Item button at the top left of the menu. Select Create Tool Link.
- Provide a name for the link you are creating. Under the drop down "Type:" menu, select Contacts. Select the box in front of "Available to Users" in order to make the link visible to students.
- Click Submit.
Now students will be able to access your contact information directly from the Course Menu.