- How do I log into Blackboard?
Your Blackboard ID and password are the same as your Loyola Universal ID and password (the credentials you use to log into LOCUS and your office computer).
- Open your browser.
- Type http://blackboard.luc.edu in the “Address:” field.
Type your Loyola Universal ID in the “USERNAME:” field.
- Type your Loyola password in the “PASSWORD:” field.
- Press Enter or click Login.
- I forgot my password – what should I do?
Don’t worry; it happens to everyone at least once. To get a new password:
- If you have set up your personal identifiers in the Personal Account Manager (PAM), click here: Reset Your Password after You’ve Set Your Questions.
- If you haven’t set up personal identifiers in PAM, then contact the Call Center at 8-4ITS (on campus) or 773-508-4ITS (off campus). They will reset your password for you.
Because you use your Loyola Universal ID and password to log into Blackboard, resetting your Blackboard password also changes your Loyola password. Use this new password to log into Blackboard, LOCUS, and your office computer.
- How can I add a student to my course?
Students are automatically added or removed from your Blackboard course based on information Blackboard receives from LOCUS. Student registration changes (adds/change/drops) in LOCUS are usually reflected in Blackboard 24 hours later.
- How can I add a TA to my course?
If you wish to add a Teacher’s Assistant, Course Builder, or Course Grader, contact the Blackboard support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with that user’s name, the specific course you want them added to, and their role in that course. Instructor assignments come from LOCUS, so the Blackboard @ Loyola support team cannot add a colleague as instructor in your course, but can add a colleague as a TA. Since Blackboard Teacher’s Assistants have access to the course Gradebook, we do not recommend giving a student in your class the role of Teacher’s Assistant.
- When will my course shell be ready for me to upload materials?
You can find dates when course shells become available to instructors at Important Dates .
- How can I get help with Blackboard?
- Email Email email@example.com
- Teaching with Technology clinics Faculty can receive individualized support during weekly Teaching with Technology clinics. These clinics provide an opportunity for faculty to receive one-on-one help integrating technology into the classroom. To reserve time during a clinic, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blackboard Drop-in Faculty can receive one-on-one support from ITS educational technologists during . These sessions, held at the Information Commons, are designed to be brief, providing an opportunity for faculty to receive customized help with Blackboard questions.
- Faculty Forum Every faculty member using Blackboard is also enrolled in the Faculty Forum course on Blackboard. That course is an opportunity for instructors to ask questions of and share information with peers. Log into Blackboard and click Faculty Forum in your My Courses box to join the conversation.
- How do I remove courses I am not teaching from my course list?
- Please visit Removing old courses from your course list.