Modifying test instructions
In Blackboard 9.1, you can modify test instructions and question content within the content area in which you have deployed your test as well as within the Test Manager. There is no need to delete the original test and then redeploy the revised test as there was in Blackboard 8.
To modify Test Instructions do the following:
- From the Course Menu, click on the Content Area in which you have placed the test.
- Click on the chevron icon to the right of the test title (e.g., Olympics: Exam 1) and choose Edit the Test from the drop-down menu that appears.
- If some students have already taken this test, you will get the following warning message when you attempt to Edit the test:
- Because you are just editing textual content, click on Continue.
NOTE: If students have not yet taken the test, this warning will not appear and you will go directly to the Test Canvas as in step 5.
- You will be taken to the Test Canvas page. On that page, click on the chevron to the right of the test title and choose Edit.
- Once you click on Edit, you will be taken to the Test Information page in which you can edit your test instructions.
- Edit the instructions.
- Click on Submit.
- The new instructions will appear when you click on the underlined test title as a student would and click on Begin to start the test.