record a presentation in wimba live classroom
- Create the Room for Your Lectures
- Upload your Powerpoint Slides
- Archive (Record) your Lecture
- Review the Archive
- In Blackboard, click on the Tools link in the Course Menu.
- Navigate to the Wimba Classroom link and click on it.
- Click Create Room.
- Type in title and optional description.
- Leave the default settings for the other options. Click Submit.
Multiple PowerPoint presentations can be uploaded at any time before class.
- From the Course Menu, click Tools and navigate to the Wimba Classroom link.
- Click the blue arrow under "Enter" for the room that you have created for your lectures.
- If this is the first time you have used Live Classroom on the computer you are using, run the Wizard to prepare your computer for your presentation and recording. If you have already run through the wizard on this computer, you can click on the "click here" link below the Run Wizard button to enter the Wimba Classroom.
- On the right hand side of the Wimba window, there is a presenter's console; click the Import PowerPoint button to upload a presentation.
- Click Browse to locate your PowerPoint file; then click Import.
After you see the message that your file was successfully uploaded, you may close the "Import PowerPoint Presentation" window. You should now see your slides listed in the presenter console to the right of the Content Window.
- Click on the title of the slide, to the right of the number, to bring it up in the content window. Clicking on the "P" to the left of a slide title will bring the slide up in a preview window that cannot be seen by your students.
- Participants are only heard in Live Classroom if they press the Talk button. You can click the gray Options button to the right of the telephone icon and select Lock Talk so that you will not have to hold down the Talk button throughout your whole lecture.
- Review the Silence Detection setting under Options > Audio Filters > Silence Detection. If there is a checkmark beside it, click to remove the checkmark.
- When you are ready to record your lecture, if you do not see your PowerPoint slides in the presenter's console, click on the drop-down arrow in the list where you see "Default Content Folder," click on the name of your presentation, then click the Go button. If your presentation is not listed, click on More Folders..., then click the Go button to see a list of previously uploaded files; click on the presentation you want to display.
- Click on the title of any slide (to the right of its number) to bring the slide up in the Content Window. Use the right-pointing orange Next Slide arrow or the left-pointing Previous Slide arrow to navigate through your slide show sequentially.
- Click the gray Record button to the left of the "Archive: Stopped" title at the top of the presenter's console to begin recording your lecture.
- A dialog box will appear asking if you would like to archive the presentation. Click the OK button to begin recording. The Record button will be red and an audio prompt will announce "Archiving started."
- When you are finished recording your presentation, click the same Record button next to the text that now reads "Archive: Started" to stop the recording.
- A pop up window will appear asking you to confirm that you would like to stop archiving. Click OK.
- The audio prompt will confirm that the archiving has been stopped and that it is currently being saved. To confirm that the class has been archived, check your message window in the lower left corner of the Live Classroom window: You should see a message that reads "Archiving complete."
- Once the audio prompt announces, "Archive has been saved," you many exit the room by clicking the Exit button in the lower right hand side of the window.
- The archive is not available to your students until you "open" it. To make a presentation available for your students, go to Tools > Wimba Classroom. Under the Access column, a green circle indicates the archive is open. An orange circle with a slash through it indicates the archive is closed. To open an archive, click the orange circle.
- From the Course Menu, click Tools; navigate to Wimba Classroom and click on it. If there are archives saved in a room, you will see them listed under that room.
- Click on the name of a session, then click the Enter Archive button to see and hear an archive.
NOTE: The Navigation screen will open on top of the content window;you can rearrange both the navigation screen and the content window to suit your needs by dragging each window by the blue strip at the top of the window, or by maximizing, minimizing, or resizing the windows.
- When you are finished reviewing the archive, click the Exit button to close the window and leave the room.