attending an Adobe Connect meeting
- Join a meeting
- Chat in meetings
- Broadcast your voice
- Share webcam video
- Share your screen
- Play a meeting recording
Join a meeting
- Test your computer's meeting connection.
- Log into your Blackboard course.
- Click on the Tools menu button.
- Click on Adobe Connect.
- Click on the name of the meeting.
- Read the Policies message, then click on OK to enter the meeting.
If you see a message "The meeting has not yet started..." that means the host has not yet entered the meeting; you will need to wait until the host starts the meeting.
Chat in meetings
Use the Chat pod to communicate with other attendees while a meeting is in progress. If you have a question and do not want to disturb the meeting flow, you can send a chat message to another meeting participant. For example, when you first enter a meeting room, you can introduce yourself by sending a chat message to everyone in the room.
Use the Chat pod to compose a message and address it to a specific participant, to all presenters at the meeting, or to all attendees.
- By default, everyone will see the message. To limit the recipients, click the menu icon in the upper-right corner of the Chat pod. Choose Start Chat With, and then select Hosts, Presenters, or specific attendees. At the bottom of the Chat pod, tabs let you view different conversations.
- Click the text box in the Chat pod.
- Enter your message.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Send Message to the right of the text box.
- Press Enter or Return.
Your name, the addressee name, and your message appear in the Chat pod.
Broadcast your voice using VoIP
If the host has enabled your audio, you can broadcast your voice to all attendees.
First, click on the Meeting menu button at the top of the screen, select Audio Setup Wizard, and run through the wizard to be sure the correct audio source is chosen.
- In the main menu bar, click the microphone button (image of a microphone). As you speak, sound waves appear in the button icon, indicating audio level.
- (Optional) To the right of the microphone button, click the menu button dropdown, and choose Adjust Mic Volume if you are too loud or quiet. Or choose Mute My Mic to temporarily stop broadcasting (for a cough or other interruption). When an attendee is broadcasting audio, the microphone icon is displayed next to their name in the Attendees pod.
Adjust or mute audio volume
You can customize audio volume on your system. In the main menu bar, select any of the following from the speaker (image of a speaker) menu drop-down:
- Mute My Speakers - Entirely disables or enables audio. (Click the speaker icon to quickly toggle this option)
- Mute Conference Audio Only - Retains any audio playing in the Share and Video Telephony pods.
- Adjust Speaker Volume - Displays a slider attendees drag to customize volume.
Share webcam video
Hosts can enable video rights for students, which allows them to share video from webcams connected to their computers.
Adjust video quality
- In the upper right of the Video pod, click the menu icon (dropdown), and choose Preferences.
- Adjust the Video Quality setting to optimize the tradeoff between image quality and bandwidth usage. For example, if shared screens update slowly, choose a lower Video Quality setting. This setting interacts with the meeting room bandwidth set by the host.
Share your video
- Click the Start My Webcam button in the main menu bar or Video pod. In the Video pod, a preview image appears so you can adjust camera position. If you want to use a different connected camera, select it from the Video pod menu. To cancel video sharing, click outside the preview image in the Video pod.
- Click Start Sharing to broadcast your video to all participants.
- To pause or stop video, hover the mouse over Video pod, and click the Pause or Stop icons. When video is paused, the last image broadcast from your camera remains static in the Video pod until you click Play to resume broadcasting. When video is stopped, the broadcast image disappears entirely. Hosts can pause or stop video from any attendee.
Share your screen (Participant)
- Ask a host to select your name in the Attendees pod and click Request Screen Share.
- An alert appears on your screen that says “Begin Sharing Desktop?” Click Start.
- Set Screen sharing options as described below.
- Click the Share button at the bottom of the Start Screen Sharing window to begin sharing.
Screen sharing options
- Desktop (or Secure Desktop Sharing) - Shares the contents of your desktop. If you have more than one monitor connected to your computer, a desktop appears for each monitor. Choose the desktop that you want to share. The Secure Desktop Sharing option appears only if the account administrator has restricted the applications and processes that you can share. The Desktop option allows you to share authorized contents on your desktop.
- Windows - Shares one or more authorized windows that are open and running on your computer. Choose the window or windows that you want to share.
- Applications - Shares an authorized application and all its related windows that are open and running on your computer. Choose the application or applications that you want to share.
When you play a recording, a recording navigation bar appears in a space below the meeting room. For optimal performance, a high-speed Internet connection is recommended for recording playback.
The recording navigation bar has the following items:
- Pause/Play toggle button
- Progress marker
- Elapsed/total time