Collecting and grading assignments
View Student Work, Post Grades and Provide Feedback
When you access a student assignment through the Grade Center, you can post a grade, provide more detailed feedback, attach a marked copy of the student's file, and add your own private comments about the student's work.
- Under the menu, on the first page of your course, click Grade Center.
- After the Grade Center link expands, select Full Grade Center, or select Assignments to see only the assignments in the Grade Center.
- In the Grade Center, ungraded assignments will display with a green exclamation point icon. Find the column for the assignment and click the chevron on the right side of the cell of the student you are grading.
- Then click View Grade Details.
- On the Grade Details screen, click View Attempt in the Actions column; this takes you to the Grade Assignment page.
- On the Grade Assignment page in the Review Current Attempt section, you will see any files the student attached, and any comments he or she typed into the comments box. Click on the name of a file to open it; or right-click on the filename and save it on your computer to read and mark the paper.
- Assign a grade and enter any feedback you have for the student. If you have downloaded the student's paper to mark it, browse for and attach the marked paper.
- In the Instructor Notes area, you can record your notes about this particular student's work - this area is only visible to the instructor.
- Click Save and Exit to finish working on this student's assignment and return to the Grade Assignment page. If you would like to save changes and continue working later, click Save as Draft. To grade other students' assignments, use the Save and Next and View Previous buttons to navigate through the attempts in the queue one at a time.
The student can view feedback by returning to the original assignment location and clicking on the assignment link. The grade and feedback are also viewable in the student's My Grades area.