copying an articulate file
If you teach the same course over multiple semesters or multiple sections of the same course, you may wish to copy an Articulate presentation that is already in Blackboard from one course into another. Because Articulate Presenter files consist of different subfolders and files, you cannot simply "Copy" from the chevron menu. In order to ensure that your presentation plays properly, all components associated with your Articulate file must be copied via a Course Copy and then relinked.
- First, if you have not already done so, make a content area that contains the links to your Articulate files.
NOTE: If placing all of your Articulate files in one content area will not work for the way you are organizing your course, you may include in the Course Copy any content area where there are links to Articulate files; but if those other content areas contain items in addition to your Articulate files, you may need to delete the extra content after the copy is complete, if you do not want it included in the destination course.
a. Visit the tutorial on Customizing Your Course Menu if you need help creating a new Content Area.
b. Reference the Upload to Blackboard portion of the "Narrating PowerPoint for Blackboard Using Articulate" tutorial to learn how to add your Articulate zip file to your Blackboard Course Files and how to create a link to a Content Area.
- Once you have your Articulate files linked in their own Content Area, go to the Control Panel and click Packages and Utilities, then click Course Copy.
- Under "Select Copy Type," choose Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
- Under "Select Copy Options," click Browse... to locate the course you would like to copy the files to (also known as the Destination Course ID).
- This will open a new window containing a list of your courses. Select the radio button to the left of the course that you would like to copy the files into. Click Submit.
- Under "Select Course Materials," check off the Content Area that contains your Articulate files.
- Click Submit.
- Blackboard will confirm that your course is set to copy. You will also receive an email notifying you when the copy is complete; wait about 15 minutes after you receive the email before going to the destination course, since opening the destination course before then may corrupt the copy.
- The Articulate Content Area should now appear in the Destination Course that you selected.
You can now delete any extra materials in the Content Area that were copied over, but that you do not want in this destination course. Click the Content Area to enter it, then click the chevron next to the item you want to delete and select Delete from the drop down menu.
- Finally, you will need to relink your video presentation from your destination course's Files area to the Content Area in which it resides. This is important since, after you complete your Course Copy you will be able to see your presentation without linking, but your students will not. Follow the instructions for Adding Articulate Files to a Content Area in order to link your presentation so your students can view it.