create a syllabus
To add a syllabus to your course, you have the option to upload an existing file or use the Syllabus Builder feature within Blackboard.
Once you've logged into Blackboard, choose your course in the My Courses module on the Login page.
Make sure that
- From your course menu, select the Syllabus content area.
- Click on the chevron next to Build Content to expand the drop-down menu, then scroll down and select Syllabus.
- Provide a name for your syllabus.
- If you would like to create your syllabus using the Syllabus Builder template, leave Create New Syllabus selected. For this tutorial, we will skip using the Syllabus Builder template and demonstrate how to upload an existing file.
- If you have already created your syllabus and have a document to attach, select Use Existing File.
NOTE: If you would like to paste content directly into the text entry box, the Paste from Word Mashup tool now allows you to copy from Microsoft Word and paste into the text box in Blackboard without losing formatting; for instructions for this, visit Paste from Word.
- Select Browse My Computer to select a file to attach.
- Click Submit.
- In the Content Information area, you can edit your syllabus name, change the name's color and add a description.
- In the Attachments area, you will see the syllabus that you previously attached. If you have additional files to attach, choose Browse My Computer to select another file. Click the Mark for removal link to remove an attachment.
- In the Options area, you can adjust settings for content availability, tracking views and date and time restrictions.
- Click Submit to add your syllabus.
- To edit or delete your syllabus, click on the chevron next to the syllabus name, then choose Edit or Delete.