Creating an assignment
- Select the Content Area in the Course Menu where you want to post an assignment; the Content Area comes up in the content frame, to the right of the menu.
To make your assignments easier for your students to find, you can create a new menu item, or add an Assignments folder to the Content Area. To add a folder in a Content Area, click the Build Content button, then select Content Folder. After your assignment is created, click on its name to enter the folder and add the assignment.
- Click the chevron on the "Create Assessment" button and select Assignment.
- Name the assignment and type instructions for how to complete the assignment.
- If you have a longer document students will need in order to complete the assignment, click on Browse My Computer to search for and attach the file.
- Type in the number of Points Possible for the assignment.
- Check the box to make the assignment available, then select how many attempts you will allow. If you allow more than one attempt and a student submits a paper in error, he or she can submit the correct paper without you having to clear the first attempt in the Grade Center.
- You can limit availability of the assignment by selecting the appropriate boxes and typing or selecting dates and times.
- Enter a due date for the assignment.
- Select whether students will receive the assignment individually or in groups; if you select Groups of Students, you can choose from a listing of all groups in your course.
- Click Submit and your new assignment is created.
Each time you create a new assignment, a new column is created in your course's Grade Center.
Students will click on the name of the assignment to submit their work; they can come back to the same link later to see their grade on the assignment and review your feedback. They can also get their grade and review feedback in My Grades.
When you copy an assignment from one course to another using Course Copy, you must also copy the Grade Center.