Your course home page
The Course Home Page is the start page that the instructor and students see when accessing a course.
Home Page modules inform you and your students of new content and due dates. For example, the What’s New box contains links to new assignments, tests, grades, and discussions.
1. You may add or remove modules to set what will display for all users or remove a module only from your view.
2. You can customize the Home Page display by dragging and dropping modules to new locations.
3. To allow students to customize their own Home Page, select Edit from the chevron drop-down menu next to your course name and check Permit Users to Personalize the Page.
1. To change the color scheme of the Home Page, select Customize Page. Changes made to the Home Page are displayed to all users and do not affect other pages in the course.
2. To add a banner, select Page Banner from the chevron drop-down menu next to your course name.
1. You can dismiss notifications or expand the module area by clicking on the chevron in the Actions menu.
2. Define your notification settings for individual or bulk courses/organizations in Edit Notification Settings.
Follow these instructions to add a Home Page to your course if it doesn't already have one.
- On your course page, click the plus sign on the left side menu and select Create Module Page.
- Type in the name of your Course Home Page e.g. My Course Home Page and click Submit.
- The new Course Home Page will be added to your menu but it will not have any modules. To add modules, open the page and click on the Add Course Module button; here you can select modules to add to the empty page.
- Once you select the modules, click Submit.
To complete adding a Home Page, you will need to make your new Home Page the Course Entry Point. The Course Entry Point is the first page users see when they enter the Course.
1. On the Control Panel, click Customization and then access Style.
2. From the Style page, go to Select Course Entry Point and select your new Home Page from the dropdown.
3. Save the changes on the Style page by clicking Submit.