edit grade center items
You may need to change a Grade Center column's primary display, exclude a column from grade calculations, or hide a column from students in My Grades. You can accomplish these changes, and more, with the "Edit Column Information" option.
- From the Control Panel click Grade Center and select Full Grade Center.
- Click on the chevron to the right of the column you want to modify - for this demonstration, we will use "Paper 1' - and select Edit Column Information.
- On the Edit Column page, under Column Information, you can change the column name or description.
- You can change the primary display from Score to Percentage, Letter, or another choice in the Primary Display box. This is how your students will see the grade. If you wish to see the grading in an alternate format, you can set the Secondary Display to that format; only the instructor sees the secondary display.
- You can change the category for the item from the Category drop-down menu.
- Change point values in the Points Possible field and, if you wish, modify the Due Date associated with that item.
- By default the item is both included in the Grade Center calculations and available to users (your students will be able to see this column in the Grade Center). If you do not want the item included in the Grade Center calculations, click on the No radio button beside Include this column in Grade Center calculations. Similarly, if you do not want your students to view the item in the Grade Center, click on the No radio button beside Show this column to Students. By default the statistics for the item are not available to students, e.g., average score, distribution of scores, etc., but if you would like students to be able to see them, select Yes next to Show Statistcs.
- Click Submit.