Manually Enter Scores in the Grade Center
1. Go to the Control Panel.
2. Click on Grade Center and select Full Grade Center.
3. Find the column in which you want to enter grades, i.e., Homework 3.
4. Blackboard allows two methods of grade entry in the interactive view of the Grade Center: directly into each cell of this column or through the View Details area of the cell. If you prefer to enter the grades directly into the cell, click in the cell to highlight it. Your cell should look like the one below.
5. Enter the grade directly into the blank cell area.
6. Once you have entered a grade hit the Enter key on your keyboard. If you click another cell without hitting the enter key or saving, Blackboard will prompt you with the following:
Continue to the next cell and enter your next grade.
7. Alternatively, you can enter your grades through the Grade Details choice available by clicking on the chevron icon in a Grade Center cell and choosing View Grade Details.
8. This will take you to the Grade Details page. On the Grade Details page you can enter a grade, feedback, and your notes on the Edit tab.
9. Click in the Current Grade Value box and enter the grade, being careful to not include the "–" sign that is the default value in the Value box.
10. Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
11. You will get the following screen confirming that your edit was successful:
Notice from this screen you also have the options to Clear Grade, Edit Grade, and access the Grade History.
12. On the Edit tab in the Grade Details area, under the heading Date Submitted (or Saved), the date and time you saved the grade will appear. The Value box will show the grade you just entered and saved.
13. The Grade History will now show the date of the grade modification, the name of the person who last modified the grade, the value of the grade, and the Feedback to User and Grading Notes, if you entered any.
14. You can continue to enter grades for other users by clicking on the forward or backward arrow keys beside the “User” heading at the top of the page. You can also click forward or backward through different assignments related to the same user via the arrows next to the “Column” heading (see below).
15. Students can see their grades by going to your course and clicking on Tools in the course menu, and then choosing My Grades.
Back to Faculty Resources