Managing organization enrollment
The Blackboard Community System extends the benefits of the Blackboard system to organizations, providing the opportunity for online discussion and document sharing for groups on and off campus. To request an organization, please email email@example.com; the system administrator will set up an organization for you.
The My Organizations Plus module in Blackboard allows the leader of an organization to add users, batch add users, remove users, and batch remove users.
To begin, login to Blackboard and access your My Organizations Plus module. To add or remove users, first click the [Edit Users] link next to an organization you are leading. This will take you to the Organization Enrollment Tools page.
Add One Member
To add one member not currently enrolled in your organization:
- Click on the Add Users button, at the top left of the screen.
- Type in the UVID of the member you want to add to the group. You can type in multiple UVIDs separated by commas.
- From the drop down menu, select the Role you want to assign the UVID(s) you entered in step two.
- The Leader has access to the Organization, to the Control Panel (to manage the Organization), and to the [Edit Users] command (to manage enrollment).
- The Organization Builder has access to the Organization and the Control Panel, but cannot manage enrollment.
- The Participant just has access to the Organization.
- Click Submit. You will see the following confirmation message:
Add Many Members
To add a larger group of members at one time (also called a batch process):
- Create and save a plain text file with a list of UVIDs and a letter that indicates the role of each member. You can create a plain text file using either Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac). You can also use Microsoft Word and "Save As" a Plain text file (*.txt) on a PC or "Save As" an MS-DOS text file on a Mac.
Valid Organization Role letters are: P - Leader, S - Participant, and B - Organization Builder. For the batch process to work, the file MUST have one UVID on each line of the file. Each record must be in the following field order and must be separated by a comma: UVID, Role. In the following example, three members will be added, one as a leader and two as participants.
- Save your file as batch-add.txt.
- In Blackboard, from the Organization Enrollment Tools page, select the Batch Add Users button.
- Click the Browse... button and locate your batch-add.txt file.
- Click Submit. You should see a confirmation stating "User Successfully Added."
Remove One Member
To remove a single member:
- Go to the Organization Enrollment Tools page.
- Click the check box(es) to the left of the name(s) you wish to remove.
- Click Submit. Blackboard will confirm that your selections have been removed.
Remove Many Users
To remove a larger group of members at one time (also called a batch process):
- Create and save a plain text file with a list of the UVIDs you wish to remove. For the batch process to work, the file must have one UVID on each line of the file. In the following example, three members will be removed.
- Save your file as batch-remove.txt.
- In Blackboard, from the Organization Enrollment Tools page, click the Batch Remove Users button.
- Scroll to the Upload File field, click the Browse... button and locate your batch-remove.txt file.
- Click Submit. Blackboard will confirm that the designated UVIDs have been removed and/or report any errors.