modifying narration in articulate
After narrating and publishing Powerpoint slides in Articulate, you may need to change some, or all, of the audio associated with the file. You can modify the narration for your presentation file by accessing your original PowerPoint files (not the published zip files).
If you followed the steps recommended in Narrating Powerpoint for Blackboard Using Articulate, you should have a folder containing all the files for your Articulate project. This folder should be on a local drive (either the desktop of the computer you are using or a flash drive) when you modify your narration since, due to network permissions, you may not be able to publish a project that is located on a network drive.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation (the .ppta file) and from the menu bar, click the Articulate tab.
- ClickRecord Narration.
- In the Record Narration window, click the slide name to bring up a drop down menu of all the slides in the presentation. Click the slide you would like to rerecord. You can also navigate using the blue arrows on either side of the slide name.
- Click Start Recording. Narrate your new audio for the slide. If you would like to rerecord the rest of the presentation, simply click the Next Slide button and continue narrating each slide. If you only wanted to rerecord a single slide, click the Stop button when you are finished. You can navigate to other selected slides by clicking Stop, and then clicking the dropdown menu again.
- When you are done recording, click Save and Close.
- You must republish the presentation in order to upload it to Blackboard. You can republish right in the same folder that holds your source files. Click the link at the top of this page to learn how to publish your presentation and how to upload it to Blackboard.