submitting an assignment in blackboard
When your instructor creates an assignment with Blackboard’s Create Assessment feature, you have the option to download a file, make comments, and upload a file to your instructor.
Assignments will be indicated with the following icon:
1. Select the content area where the assignment is posted (e.g. "Assignments", "Course Documents")
2. Click on the assignment name to view or complete the assignment.
3. You will be taken to a new page that will include specific instructions about the assignment or a link to files that you need to download to complete the assignment.
4. In the Submission box, you can add any remarks you have about the assignment or you can cut and paste your assignment here.
5. To submit a paper, click on the Browse My Computer button next to Attach File. A pop-up dialog box will appear. Navigate to the drive where your file is located, e.g., d:\essay1, and select the file by double clicking on it. The file location and name should appear in the Attach File box.
· To attach another file, click on the Browse My Computer button again.
· Use only alphanumeric characters (A-Z, a-z, 1-9), "-" dash and "_" underscore (without the quotes) for names of files you submit on Blackboard. Stay away from spaces, #, %, $, and any other characters that are not alphanumeric. File names should be 60 characters or less.
6. If you want to save your assignment and not submit it, click on the Save as Draft button. You can then return to the assignment later. Be aware that your instructor will not be able to access your assignment until you submit it.
7. Click Submit.
8. Click OK.
Reviewing Your Grade
1. Once you submit an assignment and the instructor has reviewed it and updated the Grade Center, you can see any feedback and download any attached documents by returning to the content area where you originally submitted the assignment and clicking on the name of the Assignment.
2. If there are multiple attempts available for the assignment, you will see the Start New Submission button.
3. The Review Submission History will display all the attempts and points you have earned. Click on the + sign to view its details.
Note: If you already have an assignment in progress that you have saved and not yet submitted, you can click on the Continue Current Submission to get back to the assignment.
4. Click OK to leave the Assignment results page.