upload multiple files and folders
Blackboard offers you the ability to upload multiple files and/or folders at the same time, including drag-and-drop functionality. This streamlines the process as well as making things easier for you to organize and import into your course. Once you upload your files to the Files storage area in Blackboard, you can then add them to any Content Area within your course.
Upload Files or Folders
- From the Control Panel in Blackboard, click the chevron to the right of Files.
- Click the Upload button; select Upload Files.
- Drag and drop the folder or files you would like to upload into the box indicated. You may need to adjust the size of your browser window in order to accomplish this. While dragging the file or folder, the icon will become transparent. When the icon disappears and is replaced by just the cursor and a small gray box you can release your mouse. You can also search for the folders or files using the Browse button.
Your files should appear by name in the box now. You can also drag single items to this box and simply upload them all at once when you are ready. If you would like to remove any documents before you begin to upload, you can do so by clicking the blue "X" for that document.
- Click Submit. A progress bar will appear at the top of the box showing you the percentage of the upload that is complete. Each file will also have its own bar tracking its progress in the upload process. A yellow checkmark indicates that the upload was successful for that item. Click Stop Upload if you want to abort the uploading process.
When the upload is complete, you will be redirected to the Files area, where you should see a message reading "Success: Items added."
NOTE: Any individual files you upload directly to a content area are automatically added to the Files area, allowing you to link to them from any other content area.
Add Uploaded Files to a Content Area
- Enter the Content Area where you would like to place the files; this is also where your students will go to access the files. It is not possible to add an entire folder to a Content Area in this way, but you can make a new folder in the Content Area and add the files to the new folder.
- Click the Build Content button; select Create File.
- Under "Find File," click Browse Course. This will open a new window that contains all the files and/or folders you have stored in the Files area of the course.
- Select any item to upload to the Content Area by clicking the radio button in front of the file's name. To upload an item from a folder, first click the folder's name to open it, then select the radio button for the file you would like to upload to the Content Area.
- Click Submit. You will be redirected to the Content Area where a link to your file should now be visible.
Repeat steps 3-4 of this process to add more files to the Content Area.