Upload Your i>clicker Polling Data
After you’ve polled your students in class, your polling data will appear in i>grader, the i>clicker grade book application. i>grader gives you access to all student polling information collected by i>clicker. With it, you can view students’ points, adjust scores, delete questions, synchronize late registrations (via integrate), and export/upload your polling data back into Sakai.
NOTE: You cannot export scores to Sakai if you are running i>grader from a network drive, such as the U drive. You will need to copy the i>grader software and your Classes folder onto the encrypted flash drive that comes with the i>clicker kit and run the i>grader export from the flash drive.
1. Open your i>clicker course folder, locate and launch i>grader . Choose the course you would like to upload your poll data to.
2. If a pop-up window appears saying your Sakai Roster is not found, click Yes and follow instructions at Synchronize your Sakai Roster to download the roster.
3. The i>grader main window will open, with your student roster and student scores (names in red are those who have not yet registered their clickers in your course).
TIP: You may re-export grades for the same session(s) into your Sakai Gradebook; the new scores will simply replace the older scores you imported UNLESS you manually made changes to individual student scores within Sakai. Most manual changes you made (to individual students) within Sakai will not be changed to new data uploads from i>clicker.
5. A message will appear, indicating that i>grader successfully exported the data into a file named UploadFile.csv in your course folder. Click OK.
6. A "Confirm Upload" message will appear asking if you would like to upload your Score data now. Click Yes.
7. You may need to sign back into Sakai in the Integrate window. Select the proper course and click on the Upload Scores button.
8. Your i>clicker polling scores will then upload directly into your Sakai course. You should see a "Data uploaded successfully" confirmation message when the upload is complete. Click OK.
9. The scores will be uploaded into your Sakai Gradebook; the date the polling took place will be the title of the column in the Gradebook.
Note that scores are not released to students by default. To release scores to students:
- Click the Edit button beside the session title in the Gradebook Items view.
- Click the box Release this item to students.
- Click the Save Changes button.
You will be able to edit indivdual student i>clicker scores within Sakai after you've uploaded the data.