VoiceThread is an application that runs inside your web browser, so there is no software to download, install, or update. VoiceThread allows you to place collections of media like images, videos, documents, and presentations at the center of a conversation. These conversations are not live - they take place whenever and wherever it is convenient for people to participate. A VoiceThread allows people to have conversations and make comments using any mix of text, a microphone, a webcam, a telephone, or an uploaded audio file.
- Click this link: Access VoiceThread at Loyola or browse to luc.voicethread.com.
- Click "Sign in or Register."
- Type in your Loyola UVID (e.g. jsmith) and password that you use to log into the University network.
- An instructor can request VoiceThread for a class by emailing email@example.com.
Learn how VoiceThread works by watching "VoiceThread Simply Speaking."
Training & Resources
- Visit VoiceThread's Digital Library to see and learn about successful VoiceThread projects in education
- VoiceThread 4 Education wiki
- Wiki with links to ideas and samples
- EDUCAUSE: 7 Things You Should Know About VoiceThread
- Using VoiceThread for Digital Conversations