About Microsoft Lync
Loyola's Move to Microsoft Exchange Brings New Messaging and Conference Tools
- Instant messaging with access to global address lists
- Presence capabilities for real-time status information about your contacts
- Audio, video, and web conferencing with anyone, inside or outside the University
- Integration with Microsoft Office (and SharePoint for students via Office 365)
- Mobile access on Windows Mobile, Android, iPhone/iPad, and other devices
- Unified messaging that integrates email and voicemail
Loyola will begin offering most Lync services as part of its email upgrade, which is almost complete. Some components will be rolled out later in the year. Many Lync features, such as instant message, are integrated with email and are available directly from Outlook.
- If you're looking for a class, we've scheduled a series of presentations and hands-on classes through early June. Information and registration is available on the Documentation and Training page.
- If you prefer to learn at your own pace, check out the documents and videos below.
Additional resources are posted on our Documentation and Training page.