About Office 365
Loyola's Move to Microsoft Exchange Brings New Suite for Students
Microsoft Office 365 is a suite of programs that includes email and calendaring, messaging, select Office software, SharePoint collaboration tools, OneDrive cloud storage, and voice, video, and web conferencing. As part of Loyola's May 2013 email upgrade, Loyola students now have access to Office 365 through the cloud (i.e., through the internet).
E-mail, Calendar, Contacts
- Easily manage your e-mail with 50 GB mailboxes, and send emails up to 25 MB in size.
- Work from almost anywhere with automatically updated email, calendar, and contacts across the devices you use most, including PCs, Macintosh computers, iPhones, Android phones, BlackBerry Smartphones, Microsoft Windows Mobile, and Windows Phones.
- Connect with all of the rich functionality of Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, or 2010 whether you’re online at home or school or working offline.
- Access your e-mail, calendar, and contacts from nearly any web browser while keeping the Outlook experience with Outlook Web App.
- Use your existing domain name to create customized email addresses powered by Exchange Online.
- Schedule meetings by sharing calendars and viewing them side by side, seeing availability and suggested meeting times.
- Protect yourself from spam and viruses with Microsoft Defender (aka Endpoint Protection) Online Protection for Exchange, which includes multiple filters and virus-scanning engines.
Office Web Apps
- Access full mobile versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote—on up to five PC or Macs, five tablets, and five phones.
- Simultaneously edit files with others in real time, and see exactly who is editing and viewing your documents.
- Access and view files from your mobile device.
- View documents in high fidelity.
- Enjoy consistent formatting when moving between Office Web Apps and desktop Office applications.
SharePoint and OneDrive
- Create and host personal and team web sites.
- 1 TB of storage space with OneDrive (above and beyond your 50 GB email storage), with unlimited space coming soon.
- Real-time co-authoring and collaboration with Office Online.
Instant Messaging and Online Meetings
- Microsoft Skype for Business (formerly Lync) helps you find and quickly connect with the right person from within the Office applications you already use.
- Find and connect with others from virtually anywhere via presence, instant messaging, audio-video calls, and online meetings.
- Make PC-to-PC voice and video calls.
- Enjoy online meetings, including audio, video, and web conferencing.
- Click to communicate with other users of Office 365, Microsoft Windows Live, and MSN Messenger.