Details for HSD
What Loyola's Move to Microsoft Exchange Means for You
The May 2013 move to Microsoft Exchange affected faculty, staff, and students at the lakeside campuses, as well as the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, the Health Sciences Library, and first-year medical students. Remaining groups within the Health Science Division are being upgraded in March 2014 to better align with a similar migration taking place at the Loyola University Health System. Both LUHS and HSD are well into the preparations to complete their respective migrations to Exchange, and you will be receiving regular communications regarding what steps you’ll need to take and how this will affect you.
Please note that many details of the HSD migration are different from those in place for LUHS and Trinity:
- The HSD upgrade will begin around 6 p.m. on March 28, 2014. Your new mailbox will be live a few hours after that, with full functionality in place when you return to the office on Monday, March 31.
- Items in your GroupWise mailbox will be migrated to Outlook.
- One year of GroupWise calendar items will be migrated to Outlook.
- Items in your GroupWise archive will be migrated to Outlook, though this will take additional time. We’ll process archives in phases after the migration weekend.
- The university does not have an auto-delete policy for older messages; it will be your responsibility to delete old messages. Items remain in your mailbox until you delete them.
For full details about the March 2014 portion of the migration project, please see HSD Moves to Microsoft Exchange.