GroupWise Proxy Information
How to setup a Proxy
If you would like to setup Proxy access to your email box or calendar, the following instructions can assist in setting up the appropriate Proxy access.
- Open GroupWise and go to Tools and select Options.
- In the Options box, choose Security.
- Under Security Options, Click the address book icon and then select the appropriate user you want to give proxy rights.
- Select the Access Rights you want to assign to the user selected in step 3.
- Click OK to complete.
How to setup a Proxy between LUC and LUMC GroupWise users
For users trying to add proxy rights/users across LUC and LUMC, you will need to do the initial setup via GroupWise WebAccess (https://webaccess.luc.edu). Once proxy access has been initially established, users can use the standard Windows client to manage and connect to proxies between LUC and LUMC email accounts. The following instructions can help establish a proxy via the GroupWise WebAccess.
- Open GroupWise WebAccess (https://webaccess.luc.edu or https://webmail.luhs.org).
- Click on Options.
- Click on the Proxy Access tab.
- Click Add Entry.
- Click the address book and browse for the appropriate individual.
- Once selected, assign the appropriate rights and click Save.
How to access a Proxy
If you have been given Proxy access to another’s email box or calendar, the following instructions can assist in accessing the Proxy from your GroupWise client.
- Open GroupWise and go to File, New and choose Proxy.
- In the Proxy box, click the address book icon.
- Browse the address book, select the appropriate account and click Ok.