Remote Access-Windows 2000
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- These instructions assume you have a modem installed and configured. If not, do that first.
- They also assume Windows 2000 is installed in C:\Windows. If not, simply substitute your Windows 2000 location in the following examples.
SETTING UP YOUR CONNECTION
- Right-click on this script file and save it to your disk. If you are saving it directly to your hard drive, save it to the C:\Windows\System32\ras folder.
- Go to Start | Settings | Control Panel and double-click the Network & Dial-up Connections icon.
- Select Make New Connection and click Next.
- Select Dial up to the Internet and click Next.
- Select Set up my connection manually and click Next.
- Select Connect through phone line and modem and click Next.
- Type in the phone number (847 467-1214) click Next.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Check Use Logon Script and click Browse.
- Select luppp.scp and click Open.
- Click OK and then click Next.
- Type in your Loyola user name and password and then click Next.
- For the ISP Name use Loyola, or whatever suits you, and click Next
- You can safely say No when it asks if you want to create a mail account. Click Next.
- If you want to add an icon on your desktop, check the box and then click Finish.
- Click on OK, fill in your password, and then click on Connect.
- If you set up an icon (see step 15 above), simply double-click it to connect during future sessions.
- If you did not set up an icon, select Start | Connect To | Loyola for subsequent connections.