Remote Access - Windows ME
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- These instructions assume you have a modem installed and configured. If not, do that first.
- They also assume Windows ME is installed in C:\Windows. If not, simply substitute your ME location in the following examples.
SETTING UP YOUR CONNECTION
- Right-click on this script file and save it to your disk. If you are saving it directly to your hard drive, save it to the C:\Program Files\Accessories folder.
- Double-click the My Computer icon.
- Double-click the Dial-up Networking.icon.
- Double-click the Make New Connection icon.
- For the Connection Name use Loyola, or whatever suits you.
- Make sure the correct modem is listed and click Next.
- Fill in the phone number (847 467-1214) and click Next
- Click Finish.
- Right-click on the new Loyola (or whatever suited you in step 5) icon and select Properties.
- Select Script tab.
- Click on Browse.
- Select luppp.scp and click Open.
- Click OK.
- To place an icon on the desktop, right-click-and-drag your new connection icon to the desktop.
- Select Create Shortcut.
- Double-click on the icon to start.
- If you set up an icon (see step 11 above), simply double-click it to connect during future sessions.
- If you did not set up an icon, double-click My Computer | Dial-up Connections | Loyola for subsequent connections.