Criminal Records Relief
What services are offered by the clinic?
The Clinic offers expungements, sealings as well as alternative forms of criminal records relief including but not limited to, healthcare waiver applications, acquisition of professional licenses, certificates of good conduct and petitions for executive clemency.
Information for those in need of assistance clearing their arrest and conviction record:
How to get help:
1. Get a copy of your Chicago rap sheet - How to get your rap sheet
- Request your rap sheet in person at the following address:
Chicago Police Department - Access and Review Division
3510 South Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60653
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00am-12:00pm
- Cost of request: $16.00
- Rap sheets are available for pick up a week after they are requested
2. Visit the Cabrini Green Legal Aid (CGLA) Expungement & Sealing Help Desk for an intake session:
- Please be sure to bring THIS referral flyer
- Please be sure to bring your rap sheet
- Please notify the help desk attendant that you were referred by the Life After Innocence clinic and give them this flyer
- The CGLA Help desk is located at the following address:
CGLA Expungement & Sealing Help Desk - 10th Floor, Room 1006
50 West Washington Street
Chicago, IL 60602
Phone Number: 312-738-2452 Ext. 426
- Please call the CGLA help desk for information about hours of operation and for any questions you have about getting to the help desk
3. You will receive instructions from the CGLA Help Desk staff on what the next steps are.