Deadlines and Requirements
There are a number of tasks that need to be completed prior to your enrollment at Loyola University Chicago School of Law. Please check this page regularly for updates.
- February 15: Recommended FAFSA deadline
- March 1: Deadline for special scholarship and fellowship applications
- April 15: First seat deposit deadline ($250 non-refundable) *You may elect to pay a one-time $700 non-refundable seat deposit by this date. If so, your deposit responsibilities will be met.
- June 15: Second seat deposit deadline ($500 non-refundable)
- August 1: Final transcript from degree-granting institution showing degree conferral date must be submitted to LSAC.
- August 31: Final transcript from degree-granting institution showing degree conferral date must be on file with LSAC for the law school’s retrieval.
Entering Student Checklists
- May/June Checklist (Will be available in May)
This 1st checklist will provide you with a list of initial tasks to be completed prior to your enrollment.
- July Checklist (Will be available in May)
This 2nd checklist will provide you with the final list of tasks to be completed prior to your enrollment.
- Official Transcripts
Final transcript(s) from your degree-granting institution(s) showing degree conferral date must be on file with LSAC for the law school’s retrieval by August 31. Transcripts should be sent directly from your degree-granting institution to LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service (CAS).
- Continuing Duty to Disclose
As an admitted student, you have a continuing responsibility, prior to enrollment and throughout your legal education, to disclose matters that may affect your answers to questions asked in the Character and Fitness portion of the Loyola University Chicago School of Law application for admission. Please contact the Law Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to make any amendments to your application.
- Bar Admission Requirements
The School of Law advises each of its applicants that there are character, fitness and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every single jurisdiction. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that he/she has satisfied all of character, fitness, academic, service and other qualifications for admission to the bar in each state or states where he/she intends to practice law. Before their matriculation to law school, applicants should consult the American Bar Association’s and National Conference of Bar Examiner’s Comprehensive Guide to Bar Admissions Requirements, which is available at: http://www.ncbex.org/publications/. That Comprehensive Guide contains the character, fitness, academic, service and other qualifications for admission to the bar in Illinois, and in every other jurisdiction outside of Illinois as well. Each applicant is advised to determine, review, understand and satisfy all of the character, fitness, academic, service and other qualifications required in every state in which the applicant intends to seek admission to the bar.
- Immunization Records
The State of Illinois requires that students provide the university with evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus and diphtheria. Students are asked to safeguard the health of the Loyola community by providing evidence of their immunization or by being immunized. Completed immunization forms should be submitted to the Loyola University Chicago Wellness Center by August 15.
- Student Health Insurance
- All law students are required to show proof of health insurance. You will automatically be charged for health insurance unless you are covered by another insurance plan.
- If you have your own insurance coverage, or are covered by a parent or spouse’s plan, you may waive out of Loyola’s Student Health Insurance by providing proof of other coverage. You will need to complete the waiver through LOCUS, once you have registered for classes. The fall semester waiver deadline is October 1.
- Students accepting Loyola’s Health Insurance may choose the “fast-track” enrollment option once they have an insurance charge on their student account. Fast-tracking confirms that you have accepted Loyola’s student health insurance coverage, activates your enrollment into the plan, and allows an insurance card to be generated within 7-10 business days.
- Class Schedule and Registration Information
In July, you will receive an assigned class schedule from the Law Admission Office. You will be required to register yourself for classes through the University’s LOCUS system.
- Student ID Cards
Once incoming law students have completed their online class registration, they will be able to get their student ID cards. Pictures may be taken Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm at the Campus Card Office located in the lobby of the Corboy Law Center.
- Direct Deposit/Refunds
In order to receive a refund from any loans, after tuition has been paid, you need to sign up for Direct Deposit through LOCUS. Refunds are typically available 10 days prior to the start of school. Please complete this process by August 1.
- Tuition Payment
Loyola generates electronic bills (E-Bills) for incoming law students on July 15, which will be due on August 5. If you have completed the loan application process and your financial account indicates that funds will be arriving prior to the start of school, you will not be assessed a late fee. Loyola offers several payment plans for those who will be covering some portion of their tuition out-of-pocket. As a reminder, your seat deposit will be paid toward your fall semester tuition.
First year orientation is required and typically takes place the third week of August. More information will be available in July.