Apply to the JD Program as a New Student
All candidates for law school must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. International students must have received the educational equivalent to a United States baccalaureate degree from their foreign institution. No particular undergraduate curriculum or major is viewed as ideal for the study of law. Graduates of the law school have completed degrees in numerous areas of study, ranging from agriculture to zoology.
- The application fee is waived for all entering students who apply.
- Click here for the Application Checklist to the School of Law.
- The following two links may provide some helpful tips, as well: How to Choose a Law School and The Do's and Don't's of a Good Application.
- We begin accepting applications for Fall 2013, October 1, 2012.
- Deadline for Entering Students to submit their application:
March 1 (Priority Deadline)
- Early Notification: Candidates may elect to submit all necessary materials for their application files by January 15. If all items are received by this date, an admissions decision will be mailed by February 15. There is no binding commitment with this decision. The deadline for acceptance of the offer by the candidates is the same as for those who elect not to participate in the early notification program. This program is of particular relevance to applicants applying for endowed scholarships.
- The Fall 2013 Application will be available in mid-September.
- All documentation for your file must be received by March 31.
- We welcome electronic updates to applicant files. Please include your name and LSAC number on all documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send paper application updates to our office.
- Please note: All transcript updates should be sent directly from your educational institution to LSAC's Credential Assembly Service (CAS).
The Joseph W. Bernstein Scholarship Program
Circle of Advocates Scholarship
Intellectual Property Fellowship
Judge William J. Campbell Scholarship