Outside Scholarship Opportunities
This listing is intended to provide you with ideas on where to look for scholarships and alternative financial aid resources. These scholarships are administered and awarded by outside organizations and loan funding is reduced by the amount of the scholarship when students receive these awards. If awarded, please send the Outside Scholarship Report Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
Each listing has its own criteria; as such, deadline dates, selection conditions, application processes, and other details will need to be verified for each scholarship/resource by the student. Please contact each individual source for complete, up-to-date details. Students are encouraged to check this page on a regular basis for updates.
Entering 1L Scholarships
- Clark Law Office Scholarship
- Adler Pollock and Sheehan Diversity Scholarship
- Albert Pick, Jr. Fund, Brochure (PDF), Application (PDF)
- The Earl Warren Scholarship
- CBF Abraham Lincoln Marovitz Public Interest Law Scholarship
- Chief Justice Samuel J. Roberts Scholarship
- Annual Asian Heritage Law School Scholarship for Entering Students
- Second Annual Luvera Law Firm Scholarship
- Sally & Fitch Law Student Scholarship
- Warner Norcross & Judd LLP Scholarships (Michigan residents)
- LSAT Scholarship Award
- Barbi Law Preview Scholarship
- Maro Burunsuzyan Schoolbook Scholarship
Rotation between Chicago Schools
- Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2016 Law School Diversity Scholarship Program & Application
- Government Bar Association Scholarship (pdf)
- Miller Johnson Michigan Diversity Scholarships
- Warner Norcross & Judd LLP Scholarships
- The Warren E. Burger Prize
- Theodore Tannenwald, Jr. Foundation for Excellence in Tax Scholarship
- Jack Carey Memorial Scholarship (intended for law students who clerk at the Cook County Public Defender)
- Patrick Malone & Associates Scholarship
- The Michael P. Fleming Law Scholarship
- Legal Marketing Strategy Scholarship
- Vision Zero Auto Awareness/Law School Scholarship (click on Scholarship at top of page)
- Juvenile Justice Law School Scholarship (scroll down to bottom of page for scholarship information link)
- Law Offices of Billy Skinner Student Scholarship
- 1st Annual Criminal Record Policy Essay Competition
- Reed Smith’s 2016 Diverse Scholars Program
- Reiter & Walsh Caring For Life Scholarship
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims Bar Association’s Carole Bailey Scholarship
This Scholarship will be awarded to a law student who actively advocates for diversity within the Chicago area legal community and works to bring focus to those who do pro-bono work within their community. Students are required to submit an article on their views about “diversity within the legal community” and maintain a 3.8 GPA.
This Scholarship will be awarded to a law student who is interested in pursuing a career in public service or a student who is actively involved with a not-for-profit agency that represents the needy and the underprivileged. Eligible students maintain a 3.5 GPA.
This Scholarship (an award of at least $500) was established with the support of attorney Stacy J. Campbell, an Associate with Hinshaw and Culbertson, and her fiance Dr. George F. Viamontes. There is no GPA requirement for this scholarship.
This Scholarship is awarded to third-year law students who have demonstrated academic ability and the need for financial assistance. This scholarship is intended to help off-set the cost of an Illinois State Bar Exam preparation course.
Additional Scholarships and Fellowships can be found on the Loyola University Chicago Fellowship Office’s website.