Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Summer Internships
PUBLIC INTEREST LAW INITIATIVE (PILI) INTERNSHIPS
The Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Law Student Intern Program provides internships for first and second-year law students to work an approved public interest law agencies in Illinois for 400 hours over the summer or 200 hours during the fall or spring semester.
PILI Summer Internships
For the Summer Internship Program, second-year law students may apply starting on October 15. First-year law students must wait until December 1 to apply. Learn more about PILI Summer Internships and the application process at http://pili.org/internships/intern-how-to-apply.
The following agencies host PILI summer interns:
- Access Living of Metropolitan Chicago
- AIDS Legal Council of Chicago
- Business and Professional People for the Public Interest
- Cabrini Green Legal Aid Clinic
- Center on Conflict Resolution
- Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Chicago Legal Clinic
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Foundation
- Citizen Advocacy Center
- Coordinated Advice & Referral Program for Legal Services (CARPLS)
- Environmental Law & Policy Center
- Equip for Equality
- LAF Chicago
- Lambda Legal Defense & Education Fund
- Land of Lincoln Legal Services
- The Law Project
- Law Project of the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
- Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing
- Legal Aid Bureau
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- National Immigrant Justice Center
- Prairie State Legal Services
- The Roger Baldwin Foundation of the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois, Inc.
- Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Office of General Counsel & Office of Civil Rights
PILI School Year Internships
PILI offers a limited number of school-year Internships during the fall and spring semesters of the academic year to second and third-year law students at ABA accredited schools in the Chicago area. School-year Interns will receive $2,500 for 200 hours of work over the course of a semester. Learn more about PILI's school year internships at http://pili.org/internships/school-year-internships.