What is the current state of the job market?
The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) organizes statistics on the legal economy and entry-level hiring of law graduates. The overall employment rate for Class of 2011 graduates (nationwide) is 84.7%. The employment rate for Loyola’s Class of 2011 graduates is 86.85%.
Reading from NALP (www.nalp.org)
- Employment for the Class of 2009 - Selected Findings
- Class of 2009 - Selected Findings Press Release
- Class of 2009 - National Summary Chart
- March 12, 2009 Roundtable
- June 24, 2009 Roundtable
- September 28, 2009 Roundtable
- December 14, 2009 Roundtable
Bar Raised for Law-Grad Jobs (via the Wall Street Journal)
Downturn Dims Prospects Even at Top Law Schools (via the New York Times)
The Value Proposition of Attending Law School (via the ABA)