LLM Program for International Lawyers
Welcome to the Office of Foreign and International LLM Programs!
I am pleased to introduce the LLM Program for International Lawyers at Loyola University of Chicago School of Law. This LLM Program, now in its third year, is designed for international law school graduates and continues to attract outstanding students from all over the world. Our dynamic and diverse students from over 25 different countries are accomplished young lawyers who enjoy the vibrancy of a world-class city and thrive in their legal studies at Loyola.
I invite you to review the detailed information on this website about program options, student life at Loyola and in Chicago, admissions procedures, and the long-standing tradition of academic excellence at Loyola Chicago. Applications for enrollment in the fall semester (beginning in late August 2015) are accepted now.
Choosing the right LLM program can be a daunting task. In making the choice, you will determine the factors that are most important for you and your personal development. You will compare programs in terms of program focus, reputation of the law school, location, teaching culture and environment, scholarship options, and support structure. Here are some of the reasons why we believe that joining the LLM Program at Loyola Law Chicago would be a rewarding and career-enhancing experience for you:
- Loyola’s faculty includes a notable number of outstanding scholars who are leading experts in various areas of U.S. and international law and who are directly engaged in teaching and advising the international students
- Loyola’s internationally renowned institutes, centers, and programs are a venue for faculty, experienced practitioners, and students to collaborate on curricular and extra-curricular projects broadening the students’ research and hands-on skills, and providing a framework for interdisciplinary education
- Loyola offers a generous merit-based tuition-reduction scholarship program
- Loyola’s LLM Program for International Lawyers is kept deliberately small to allow our international staff to provide students with individualized academic and career counseling throughout the course of their study and beyond
- Loyola is flexible: we enroll students in January and August, allow part-time study, and offer conditional admission (ESL on campus), broad curriculum choices, and personalized focus options in both tracks
- Loyola is part of a rich Jesuit educational heritage that emphasizes academic excellence and creates a genuinely welcoming, diverse, and vibrant academic environment
- Loyola is located in the heart of a world-class metropolis that provides global net-working opportunities with leading law firms, corporations, and government agencies as well as research, cultural, and not-for-profit institutions in virtually every area of law
- Loyola’s home town, Chicago, is one of the most livable major cities in the country with great neighborhoods, architecture, museums, concerts, theaters, opera, festivals, sport venues, restaurants and clubs, and outdoor activities.
I am available to answer your specific questions about Loyola’s LLM Program for International Lawyers and your career options. Please contact me at email@example.com or 312-915-7091.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Executive Director of the Foreign and International LLM Programs
Loyola University Chicago School of Law