Pedaling Around: A Workshop on Safe, Smart Cycling in the City
Contemplating dusting off the ole bike? Thinking about ways to get some exercise? Ways to save money? Or just interested in spending less time indoors? Then Pedaling Around is the workshop for you.
The purpose of this workshop is to educate and inform Loyola University Chicago neighbors, staff, faculty, and students of the best ways to get to and around Loyola’s campuses, both Lake Shore and Water Tower, via bicycle.
Getting out on your bike on the streets of Chicago can be intimidating and scary. The information and skills you’ll learn from the Chicago Bike Ambassadors will arm you with what you need to ride safely and confidently.
Chicago Bike Ambassadors, the City’s bike experts will discuss best bicycling practices:
- Bicycling safely in traffic
- Laws that apply to cyclists
- Preparing for the ride (dressing for different seasons/weather) and cleaning up for the office or class
- How to prepare for mechanical bike emergencies
- Useful, practical accessories to transport your favorite things
- Combining transit with pedaling
- Tips for planning your route(s)
- Time to plan your route and receive input from the experts
At the end of the presentation, all participants will have a chance to plan their most traveled bike routes and commutes using the Chicago Bike Map, as well as reviewing their plans with the Bike Ambassadors and other local biking gurus.
Attend the Pedal Around workshop and gain the confidence to travel by bicycle.
For more information on this event, please contact Gina Lettiere in the Office of Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Friday, September 7, 2012
Time: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Perfect way to end the week and start the weekend!
Location: Chainlinks, Main Parking Structure, Lake Shore Campus
PLEASE RSVP: luc.edu/sustainability/registration